Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cow of the Week


I’m yet to see a kitten in India so instead of Kitten on the Week we’re doing Cow of the Week, guys.
Cows are considered holy in the Hindu tradition because of their life sustaining properties- they are seen as mothers; and as such, they are shown the same respect and tenderness that any good Hindu would show towards their own mother.
The holy cows in Jaipur are so badass. They wander around, chillin out, relaxin, maxin all cool- right through crowds, traffic, walkways- they know no one’s going to mess with them.
This specific cow I met in Bapu bazaar when I was shopping for salwar kameez- she came up to me and an Indian person explained that because the cow liked me* I will have good luck and many sons. Score.




* The cow clearly picked me because I am a vegetarian and she was like, "Yo, this chick is mad cool and won't eat me. Imma rock up here."

1 comment:

  1. So, I guess you didn't tell about the STEAK you ate in NYC, right????? I am looking forward to many nephews :)

    xxx Erin

    ReplyDelete