Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I hate places without hills


I'm in Christchurch at the moment visiting my boyfriend for the last time before I leave for India. Christchurch is a cold, flat, barren wasteland* populated by mall emos, criminals and grumpy old ladies but we're having fun anyway.
This weekend we went to the Antarctic museum which was BAD ASS. They have this thing called the '4D movie experience' and I was all like 'ummm the fourth dimension is time, so you guys are dumbasses' but then I went on it and it blew my mind. Seriously.
Also, they have these sad tiny little blue penguins that have all been rescued so they're all deaf or blind or missing some tiny little penguin limbs and watching them flop round the water is really sad but also adorable.
It's fun being here; but it's making me so upset realizing I'm not going to see Karl again for four months- and it's going to be even worse then our usual long distance situation, because I won't even be able to talk to him on the phone for 2 hours a day like I do when I'm in Wellington. How will I let him know everything I've eaten that day, and also the plot of any movies I've watched or dreams I've had??**
It's going to be hard.

xx


* I know they've just had a series of devastating earthquakes, but If I remember correctly it also sucked before the natural disasters hit.
**These are the things we talk about. Also we discuss kittens I want to adopt, new ideas for zombie survival strategies and Karl's facial hair(or lake thereof).

No comments:

Post a Comment