Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Goodbye, pretty kitty committee!

My awesome friends arranged a goodbye evening of fun and excitement for me. We went to see Bridesmaids, got medium to high drunk in the cinema, had amazing cheap chinese on the Left Bank, drank much wine, and then went to a handcuff party.

Having crutches in while partying is fun for the following reasons.
1. It gives me an excuse to wear my crazy expensive floor length gowns (gotta cover up my unflattering leg wrap)
2. If you loudly announce, "I am a cripple and I need to get through!" crowds of drunk people part like the freakin red sea
3. Bouncers will carry you up stairs.*
4. Nobody asks you for ID
5. You can have fun telling increasingly dramatic stories** about how you were injured to the billions of strangers that ask

I had so much fun but late in the evening I got very melancholy about how much I'm going to miss Alyse and Rachelle. They are both fun incarnate and I never fail to have an awesome night with them- and not just the usual drunk fun, but epic life affirming fun. Next time I see them it's going to be Halloween, which is pretty much a high holy day to us, so there is that to look forward to.


The finest tofu money can buy.


Quick Fucks at the Kumara. All class, all the time- that's us.


Self portrait in the bathroom of the Kumara. I'm going to pretend not turning the flash off while taking a mirror portrait was an artistic decision rather than a losers oversight.


*Well, only the bouncers at the Big Kumara. Have I mentioned it's literally the best place on earth?
** By stories I mean lies. LIES.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Miss you already Frances! Hope everything is awesome, and you don't get too many diseases xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bring you back some fun ones...

    ReplyDelete